[Answer ID: 12213]
How do I check Windows Firewall? (Windows XP)
Created 04/08/2011 14:10 | Updated 04/23/2014 14:10
In case that UPnP software does not work properly, check the configuration of "Windows Firewall" with the following procedure.
- Click [Start] - [Control Panel] - [Network and Internet Connections] - [Network Connections].
- Double-click [Local Area Connection].
- Click [Properties] in the "Local Area Connection Status" window.
- Click the "Advanced" tab in the "Local Area Connection Properties" window, then click [Settings].
- If there is a check mark in the box of "Don't allow exceptions", uncheck it.
If "Windows Firewall" is disabled, you do not have to check other settings. Click [OK] to close the window.
- Click the "Exceptions" tab.
Check an appropriate (using) program (software name) and service if there is no check mark in the box
- Click [OK] in each window, then close it.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.