[Answer ID: 12639]
How can I connect iPod touch to the internet?
Created 06/06/2011 13:34 | Updated 06/15/2011 09:15
- Check the SSID (12-digit MAC address) and the encryption key (13-digit alphanumeric characters) of the wireless AP, then note them down.
*The encryption key is alphanumeric characters combined alphabets (from "a" to "k", "m", "n", "p", from "r" to "y") except "l", "o", "q" and "z" and numbers (from 0 to 9).
The SSID and the encryption key are printed on the label at the back side of the product.
*Only for WZR-HP-AG300H, the SSID for "802.11a" and "802.11g" are printed.
- Turn on the power of iPod touch, and tap [Settings] from the "Home" screen.
*To go back to the screen, press the "home button" at the lower side of the screen.
- Tap [Settings] from the "Home" screen.
- Tap [Wi-Fi] icon.
- Confirm the "Wi-Fi" button is "ON" or blue "l" is displayed.
Wait for a while until the searching for SSID is complete.
*If "OFF" or "o" is displayed on the screen, a wireless connection is not valid.
Tap the button to activate the wireless connection.
- Identify the SSID checked at the step 1 from "Choose a Network..." list, and tap it.
If the SSID is not found, scroll the list to find it.
*The lock symbol is shown because the encryption key is set.
- The screen to enter encryption key (password) appears.
Confirm "Join" is displayed on the keyboard.
When "Join" is shown as the following screen, press the globe button to switch the keyboard to the "English" version.
*The keyboard should be switched to "English" to enter encryption key correctly.
- Tap the encryption key checked from the step 1, and then tap the [Join] button.
*The encryption key is case-sensitive.
To enter the upper case characters, tap the "" button (equivalent to the shift key).
- When the icon to indicate a wireless connection at the upper left screen is displayed, the setting is complete.
- Press the Home button, and tap [Safari] to check the internet connection.
When the internet screen is displayed, the setting is complete.
*iPod touch is a trademark of Apple Inc.
*The information of this website is independent, it is not authorized, sponsored, and approved by Apple Inc.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.